Friday, March 25, 2011

He's Here!


Last week, I was so excited about scheduling our induction for March 29, but it seemed like Jackson had other plans for us. At our 38 week appointment (on Tuesday) my blood pressure was up and the fluid around him was looking low. I sat in the doctor's room just waiting to see what that meant. The next thing I knew I was being told I would be rolled over to the hospital for observation and that we'd be "having this baby either today or tomorrow."

WHAT?!

I called Brandon and he raced back from work an hour away. After a very uncomfortable night in the hospital being monitored and the husband sleeping in a horrible pull out chair-bed the doctor said we were inducing. Just like that my water was broken and there was no going back. That was at 8 a.m...

After having my epidural, I quickly realized it only worked on the right side of my body. Then after laboring naturally on one side of my body for several hours I opted to have another epidural. BEST DECISION EVER.

At 4:41 p.m. we had a beautiful baby boy. 6 pounds 9 ounces - 19.5 inches long, perfect little baby - except...

He unfortunately had fluid in his lungs so I only held him for a few seconds before they took him away. Brandon (my husband) went with him to the nursery to wait for a doctor. I sat in the recovery room for almost an hour and a half before they were able to bring me Jackson. Luckily though his lungs are now clear and he is doing wonderfully!

We just got home from the hospital today and I still can't believe how blessed Brandon and I are to have such a beautiful, well-mannered baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment