Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thursday Thoughts


Yesterday sadness seemed to be all around in my little world. It just didn't seem appropriate to participate in my typical "What I'm Loving Wednesday". So, rather than listing things I've been loving this week, I'd like to send out a couple of prayer requests...

First, a young man in my community was killed in a tragic ending. This hit close to home, too close to home. He grew up in the same neighborhoods, going to the same schools and socializing with the same circles of friends as me just one year younger. A good family lost a son and brother today and for this my prayers go out to them. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they try to find strength during this time.

Secondly, Tuscaloosa was hit hard by mother nature. This was my home for two years and to see the current condition of this beautiful city and surrounding areas is heartbreaking. Friends have reported the destruction of their homes, cars and much much more. The street below is a main intersection of the city, I lived just a few blocks down from here....

The day I stepped foot in Tuscaloosa my life changed. It is really a place to marvel. The tradition and pride that the city exudes is like no other. I have no doubt the people of Alabama will rally together, but it is certainly going to take a lot of work to get Tuscaloosa back to it's full glory.

Please keep everyone in Alabama in your prayers. You can visit www.redcross.org to donate or text REDCROSS to 90999 and instantly donate $10. Help is needed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment