Tuesday, November 1, 2011

7 Months

I'm late on this post. In fact, I'm extremely late. So late that Jackson has already turned 8 months old. But it's better late than never right? Plus, I've had this post "unpublished" for some time now.

Between all of Jacksons sick days, bad days at daycare and my sick days. I celebrated the end of month six. I anticipated the 6th month to be my favorite, but for the first time I can say I'm glad this month is over.

Here's a little about Jack from this past month:



Weight: 19.2 pounds
Height: ?


He had one whopper of an ear infection. The most painful yet. It broke my heart to see him in that much pain.

So, we now have tubes. This also broke my heart, but he's been feeling so much better ever since.



Up until the tubes, Jackson wasn't sleeping through the night. We woke up once normally between 3-5 to eat.

He continues to be a good napper {usually}. However, rather than going down peacefully, he cries for about 5 minutes then passes out without another peep. This kid definitely gets his sleeping habits from B.



Wearing Size 3 diapers.

Throughout this month he wore 3-6 and 6 month clothes. Now, just at 7 months he's starting to wear 6-9 month clothes regularly.



He spent a lot of time fussy this month because of his ears. But there were plenty of happy baby moments too. Like when he spends time in his jumper or playing with Baxter. He loves that dog.

Jackson is now eating real foods. He's had: apples, pears, string beans, bananas, peas (no thanks to daycare) and sweet potatoes. So far, the front runner is pears.



His eyes are green. And blue. Every person I meet thinks they are something different. So basically, they are the same color as his Dad.

His voice is loud and he knows how to use it.

On October 21, he sat up all by himself for the first time. He did it once while playing on our bed. When he couldn't do it again the crying began so I put him down for a nap. After about 5 minutes I heard him talking in his room. I checked to monitor, only to see a sitting baby. I walked in to see him, and he looked up and smiled at me as if he'd just achieved the unachievable. He then proceeded to flap his arms and squee for a good 20 minutes before passing out.

He's a rolling pro.

Jackson has transitioned to the "creeper" room at daycare.

Even though it was a rough month, I love the personality he's developing. And now that we are well into month 8, I can say for certain that things have gotten much better!



No comments:

Post a Comment